Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine’s users, and these visitors can be converted into customers. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search, academic search,news search and industry-specific vertical search engines.
Career in Search Engine Optimization
The leading search engines, such as Google, Bing and Yahoo!, use crawlers to find pages for their algorithmic search results. Pages that are linked from other search engine indexed pages do not need to be submitted because they are found automatically. Two major directories, the Yahoo Directory and DMOZ, both require manual submission and human editorial review. Google offers Google Search Console, for which an XML Sitemap feed can be created and submitted for free to ensure that all pages are found, especially pages that are not discoverable by automatically following links in addition to their URL submission console.Yahoo! formerly operated a paid submission service that guaranteed crawling for a cost per click; this was discontinued in 2009.
Search engine crawlers may look at a number of different factors when crawling a site. Not every page is indexed by the search engines. Distance of pages from the root directory of a site may also be a factor in whether or not pages get crawled.
To avoid undesirable content in the search indexes, webmasters can instruct spiders not to crawl certain files or directories through the standard robots.txt file in the root directory of the domain. Additionally, a page can be explicitly excluded from a search engine’s database by using a meta tag specific to robots. When a search engine visits a site, the robots.txt located in the root directory is the first file crawled. The robots.txt file is then parsed, and will instruct the robot as to which pages are not to be crawled. As a search engine crawler may keep a cached copy of this file, it may on occasion crawl pages a webmaster does not wish crawled. Pages typically prevented from being crawled include login specific pages such as shopping carts and user-specific content such as search results from internal searches. In March 2007, Google warned webmasters that they should prevent indexing of internal search results because those pages are considered search spam.
A variety of methods can increase the prominence of a webpage within the search results. Cross linking between pages of the same website to provide more links to important pages may improve its visibility. Writing content that includes frequently searched keyword phrase, so as to be relevant to a wide variety of search queries will tend to increase traffic. Updating content so as to keep search engines crawling back frequently can give additional weight to a site. Adding relevant keywords to a web page’s meta data, including the title tag and meta description, will tend to improve the relevancy of a site’s search listings, thus increasing traffic. URL normalization of web pages accessible via multiple urls, using the canonical link element or via 301 redirects can help make sure links to different versions of the url all count towards the page’s link popularity score.
Why you need search engine optimization:
- Internet Marketing and SEO strategies are the only form of marketing that puts your business, product or service in front of your targeted market and prospective customers who are actively seeking exactly what your company offers.
- Brand Awareness and increase visibility is important as 8 out of 10 people using the internet to find a product or service eventually does business online.
- Your competition is not sitting on the side line waiting to see what others will be doing as the stats speak for themselves, Web SEO utilization is at 39% of all e-commerce websites, up from 19% in 2007.
- Get your Website working for you and get back your ROI. Your website and Web Marketing applying SEO Optimization strategies works for you 24/7 365 days a years vs traditional ads on the Radio, Newspaper, Tv and Billboards are time sensitive.
- Businesses are switching from printed media to e-media advertising, it has been noted in a Business Journal an estimated $25B will be leaving print media and switching directly to Web marketing and SEO strategies.
- In order to get a better seat get on the bus before the others, 39% of all website have received a form of web optimization. Web marketing budget dollars is 8% of all media advertising spending and is estimated to almost double to 15% by 2013. The next step is getting started with Web SEO.
How to Do SEO
Search Engine Optimization shapes your website so search engine bots rank it more highly and present it to the right users. This is encouraged by search engines and vital for attracting visitors, but make sure you put the needs of your users first. Attracting people interested in your content is the end goal, not gaming the system
Seo tips for beginners
Know The Proper Use Of “Keywords”
What Are Keywords?
Keywords are those catch phrases (called keywords) that you type into your Google tab whenever you are looking for some kind of information.
How To Find Keywords
Now there are many keyword tools that you can use, and I will be talking about some specific ones further down below, but if you want to make use of keywords, you absolutely need a keyword tool.